On October 25, the social impact theatre program’s 2017, cycle 2 grantees were announced:
- Harlequin Productions (Olympia, WA), “I Am My Own Wife”
- La Jolla Playhouse (La Jolla, CA), “The Cake”
- Oregon Children’s Theatre (Portland, OR), “And in This Corner: Cassius Clay”
- San Francisco Playhouse (San Francisco, CA), “Non-Player Character”
- Seattle Children’s Theatre (Seattle, WA), “The Journal of Ben Uchida: Citizen 13559”
These organizations will stage productions that address a wide spectrum of issues, including institutionalized racism, the civil rights movement, LGBTQ rights through both contemporary and historical lenses, sexism, and online harassment. As the social impact theatre program reaches deeper into communities throughout Alaska, Washington, Oregon, and California, the Foundation will continue to seek out productions that address the turmoil of today’s cultural and social landscape. The Foundation is proud to award this round of grants to organizations doing just that.
The next grant cycle will begin in January of 2018. At that time, you can check our website, or follow us on Facebook or Twitter, to learn more.